Don't you just hate when you go a-courting, and you're down on one knee about to rattle off a totally romantic Shakespearean sonnet, and zap! You space it. "Um... It was, uh... I think it started with a B..."
Well, appearest thou no longer the dork. Simply refer to this page, click on the first letter of the sonnet you want, and get an instant reminder of the first line to get you started. "Beshrew that heart that makes my heart to groan..."
- A woman's face with nature's own hand painted,
- Accuse me thus, that I have scanted all,
- Against my love shall be as I am now
- Against that time (if ever that time come)
- Ah wherefore with infection should he live,
- Alack what poverty my muse brings forth,
- Alas 'tis true, I have gone here and there,
- As a decrepit father takes delight,
- As an unperfect actor on the stage,
- As fast as thou shalt wane so fast thou grow'st,
Return to Index
(No sonnets start with Z.)
Return to Incex.